Thursday, Nov. 28
Thanksgiving dinner was at our house this year – which means…
steak, salmon, chicken, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, mac-n-cheese, fresh veggies + hummus, rolls, pumpkin pie and ultimate chocolate cake.
What we’re thankful for this year:
- Parents and coaches who don’t yell at referees.
- Kitty litter, 1030 oil and charcoal.
- Boys that can drive, Dillon’s clicklist, family that makes me laugh, Ali. 🐶
- Bugs and beetles, slugs and tweetles, stars and sun and moon and tulips that bloom, you and me and we and birds and cottonwood trees.
- Perros, gatos, mis padres, mis abuelos, mis tíos y tías, mis amigos, basura, y la comida. (Zach is taking Spanish. Translation: Dogs, cats, my parents, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my friends, trash and food.)
- Trash cans, weegee boards (this is a joke – he means Arduino, but Scott calls it ouija board) and good food.
We solved the world’s problems… while Ali guarded us from intruders.
We played Scattergories…
and took naps.
Friday, we fixed ceiling fans.
We saw the movie “Ford v Ferrari,” and dusted off the Wii after many years. We laughed at all the miis Zach had made a million years ago and commented on how “old” the graphics looked.
We laughed at Jim’s Journal.
Saturday, some took a hike.
Some soldered (a school project I think?), some did online shopping and some finished decorating for Christmas.
Sunday, we finished off the leftover Thanksgiving dinner. We watched Hallmark Christmas movies, Parks and Rec, The West Wing and the Chiefs game. One person made it to the gym and one person got a haircut. Two people did laundry.