Adam arrived home on Sunday for the week – Woot!
No school for Zach. I worked. The boys played disc golf at Oak Park and Cessna West Park.
No work for me. The boys played disc golf again, this time at Cowskin in Colwich. Adam spent the night at a friend’s house and Zach went to a movie with a friend. Hilgers arrived late.
Coffee and conversation in the morning for me, Sherry, Dad and Mom. More disc golf for the boys at Garvin Park in Augusta and Andover Central Park- Zach got an ace!
Some of us took a walk with Ali. Pam, Ted and Petey arrive. I made the “ultimate chocolate cake” since I don’t like pumpkin pie. Zach headed to work for his 5-9 p.m. shift.
Matthew and Adam made apple crisp.
We ordered three giant pizzas from Knollas for dinner: veggie, Hawaiian and supreme.
Another coffee run for the coffee crowd. The boys played a quick round in the morning at Earhart Environmental School, then showers and helped prepare some of the meal.
Dad set up the camera for the Thanksgiving picture.
For our Thanksgiving meal we had steak, salmon, pork, and chicken. Our sides were mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, veggie tray, fruit salad, cranberry and orange relish, and rolls. Pumpkin pie, apple crisp, ice cream, and cake for dinner.
This picture was taken mid-meal… so people had already eaten some of it.
Every year, we write down what we’re thankful for. Here’s what we said in 2021:
- My family, being together again, our health and coffee – Sherry
- Pets wearing clothes, inflatables, holiday lights professionally put up on houses – Susan
- Plastic circles, dogs and sometimes cats, zipper pockets – Zach
- Tidy whities, family, disc golf losers like Scott, Pam! Pam! Pam! – Steve
- Clean underwear, forks, piñatas, rock-n-roll, the 5 second rule – Matthew
- I’m simply thankful for another day – and for small rodents – Papa
- I’m thankful for this day, this life, this family, this moment – Oma
- I’m thankful for life – Adam
- I’m thankful for disc golf because I’ve had amazing memories playing with my family and friends and even with Steve – Scott
- I am thankful for the family and friends at this table who have each given me memories that were a blessing in my life – Grammy
- My health and Pam – Ted
Tonight was poker and Mario Cart on the Wii.
The boys left early for more disc golf – this time down in Winfield. Here’s a pic from the disc golf course – The Farm at Quail Valley. The weather was certainly cooperating for outdoor activities.
More coffee and conversation for the rest of us. A walk with Ali. Leftovers for dinner.
Lots of “hanging out.”
Another round of disc golf at Eastminster church, them more Mario Cart. More coffee and walks. The Hilgers left in the afternoon. The boys brought up the Christmas decorations and I decorated. We watched recorded episodes of LegoMasters (from the summer). Me and Adam fell asleep 😆 .
Another round of disc golf for Scott, Adam and Zach at Clapp Memorial Park. Adam left to head back to school and Zach worked.